Monday, June 30, 2014

Iskashitaa would like to simultaneously welcome and say farewell to Micah Hadley, our signature male intern! It may be a little late to introduce him, as he leaves tomorrow, but Micah has brought a lot to Iskashitaa in the past month and it's important to share him with everyone else. In typical Iskashitaa fashion, he never remembered to write a bio, so it is only making it onto the blog today!

Thank you, Micah!


I hail from Nebraska Wesleyan University, where I am a senior majoring in Sociology-Anthropology and Spanish, with a minor in Global Studies.  After what was, for me, a whirlwind six months working with HIV+ families in Cambodia and an equine therapy program for at-risk youth in Bolivia, I landed in Tucson last January to spend a week with Iskashitaa.  Utterly humbled by the ideas and individuals surrounding Iskashitaa, I felt at once a world in sync; hands that held, and a walk that walked.
With the help of several long phone conversations with Barbara, the warm home of Cadie McCarthy, and the openness of the other staff, I have found myself back at Iskashitaa for a terrific yet terrifyingly brief 38 days.  My time here is focused on gathering food security narrative data from refugees and dynamically assisting staff wherever I can.


Gina Gresham
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment