Date Syrup - Asel el'taemer
By Faeza Hillilian
10 lbs of Dates
- Wash dates quickly in cold water, wash dates until water is clear
- Boil whole dates in pot with water for 2 hours, until date is soft
- Remove dates from water and strain dates with a cloth cotton fabric (pillow case). Boil liquid extracted in a pot for 2 additional hours until thick.
- Place liquid in plastic or stainless steel trays. Cover and secure with gauze to prevent moister. Leave in sun for 6-10 hours. Until liquid has honey/syrup like consistency.
- Package in containers/jars
- Ready to enjoy with bread, tajini, etc.
Package in Jars of 1/4 pint