Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Iskashitaa Welcomes Gina

Iskashitaa invites the community to join us in welcoming our newest intern, Gina Gresham! 


My name is Gina Gresham and I will be a senior in the fall at Loyola University Chicago. I grew up in Minneapolis, and am a true Minnesotan at heart, so the heat in Tucson will be a challenge for me! I am majoring in International Studies and Spanish, with a minor in English, and have a passion for reading (especially the news). I lived and studied in Santiago, Chile, for six months and returned with fond memories and experiences that fueled my drive for international work. I am interested in the world and hope to grow a career with a non-governmental organization. I thrive on meeting new people and hearing about their experiences, and am so very excited to be joining Iskashitaa for the summer.

Gina will serve as our PR intern, she will participate in harvests, workshops, volunteer trainings, and community events including a Food for Thought dinner, in order to get to know refugees and volunteers, as well as to experience Iskashitaa’s organizational culture.  Gina’s main role will be to systemically evaluate our current web presence, develop, and implement a plan to help us reach new audiences and thereby expand our work.  With direct input from Barbara, Gina will assist the Network in increasing their social media presence as well as presence on partner agencies’ websites.  Further, Gina will seek publication opportunities in content related print and online media.

No comments:

Post a Comment