Interested in learning more about how to make citrus season last all year? Join us at one of our Food Preservation Workshops. You will work side-by-side with refugees to cook and can our Iskashitaa Preserves. For more information or to sign up, find us on Facebook, check out our calendar at iskashitaa.org, or email Kate directly at email@example.com.
Can't make our workshops and still want to learn the cooking secrets? Here is our Harvest Chutney Recipe:
- 2 lbs Pumpkin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large cooking apple, cored and grated
- 1.25 cups of dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, figs)
- 1.75 cups of light brown sugar
- 1.5 ounces of fresh, grated, ginger
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Cut pumpkin into .75 inch chunks
- Place pumpkin and remaining ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 45 minutes, stirring frequently.