Friday, February 17, 2012

Materials for ESL Classes DO make a difference

I am really happy about the materials that we have this semester, especially the various whiteboards we have. I think this will make instruction much more streamlined and materials preparation less time consuming for us. I think this could make the lessons more effective. I feel like I will be focusing on whether the lesson will work for the students, and not on how to make the materials, or if I can make materials at all. Also, this may seem insignificant, but because many of the students are older, they have a hard time seeing. In the past, if I wrote something that everyone needed to see, it would be on a piece of paper. This was very difficult for many of our students to see, and made it hard to proceed with the lesson. The opportunity to write parts of the lesson on a larger surface might make it easier for our students to understand and participate in what is going on in the lesson.

-Kellan Smith, HCET Intern

**If you have donations for our ESL classes, please contact Kathy Zaleski

No comments:

Post a Comment