Monday, May 16, 2011

A night of FUNdraising

"What a night! As I danced in the night air to a 9-part Congolese band, I felt lucky to have been invited to La Cocina for dinner.


The food was amazing. I enjoyed the best chai tea I've ever had, an eggplant sandwich, and a wonderful bowl of curry. (I might have even ventured back for some soup and a cocktail!) As I ate, I chatted with a few Nepali friends and even won a quilt in the silent auction.


AND when I thought of the money I had spent, I felt good to know that proceeds from my food frenzy and my warm quilt would go to a non-profit that I love."


Did you miss out on the FUNdraiser at La Cocina this month? Don't despair! Iskashitaa will be be celebrating with our friends and supporters at La Cocina on September 27th! Mark the date and check our website for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment